A weekend course covering the basics of spinning, weaving and natural dying. As always we will focus on what the group wants and also within the group there will be space to individualize with groups kept at a maximum of 4.
The course runs from 10A.M. to 4:30 P.M. first two days and finishes at lunchtime on the third day. Cost is 240euro.
June 1st - June 3rd
July 6th - 8th
Aug 3rd - 5th
Sept 14th - 16th
Week long workshops
This week long workshop will give an opportunity to explore deeper into the setting up process in weaving and the preparation needed to visualize a project.We will also look at different plants and methods within the naturally dying process. As always we will facilitate individuals to focus on their own particular areas of interest. This is possible due to the size of groups (maximum 4)
The course runs from 10A.M. to 4:30 P.M. finishing on Friday at lunchtime. Cost is 320euro.
April 22nd - 26th
May 20th - 24th
June 17th - 21st
July 22nd - 26th
Aug 19th - 23rd
Sept 9th - 13th
Price for week long workshop inclusive of lunch and materials is 320euro.
Courses can be arranged for individual and small groups at times outside those listed and can be tailored to suit the individuals or groups needs in terms of focus and content for the course. This will depend on the availability of the workshop facility at the times chosen.
* Clare Island Yoga retreat centre (vegetarian guesthouse available off season) +353 (0)87 2504845 / www.macallafarm.ie / , 3min walk from the Ballytoughey Loom.
* Sea Breeze B&B, Mary Moran +353 (0)98 26746
* Granuaile House B&B (also self-catering cottage) +353 (0)98 26250
* Go Explore Hostel +353 (0)98 26307 www.goexplorehostel.ie
* Cois Abhain B&B, Marie Agnes O'Malley +353 (0)98 26216
* Cloch na Scith B&B, Jane O'Malley +353 (0)86 3594175
* Rapaelle Self catering, Jane O'Malley +353 (0)87 6594992
Taxi and bike hire, Briget O'Leary +353 (0)98 25640
See the finding us page for location map of B&Bs and information on ferries