There is currently one place open for an apprenticeship position which runs from June until December. Please get in touch if you are interested.
A weekend course covering the basics of spinning, weaving and natural dying. As always we will focus on what the group wants and also within the group there will be space to individualize with groups kept at a maximum of 4.
The course runs from 10A.M. to 4:30 P.M. first two days and finishes at lunchtime on the third day. Cost is €240.
May 5th - May 7th
June 2nd - 4th
July 28th - 30st
Aug 4th - 6th
Sept 8th - 10th
This week long workshop will give an opportunity to explore deeper into the setting up process in weaving and the preparation needed to visualize a project.We will also look at different plants and methods within the naturally dying process. As always we will facilitate individuals to focus on their own particular areas of interest. This is possible due to the size of groups (maximum 4)
The course runs from 10A.M. to 4:30 P.M. finishing on Friday at lunchtime. Cost is €320.
June 18th - 22nd
July 2nd - 6th
Aug 13th - 17th
Sept 3rd - 7th
Price for week long workshop inclusive of lunch and materials is €320.
Courses can be arranged for individual and small groups at times outside those listed and can be tailored to suit the individuals or groups needs in terms of focus and content for the course. This will depend on the availability of the workshop facility at the times chosen.
* Clare Island Yoga retreat centre (vegetarian guesthouse available off season) +353 (0)87 2504845 / www.macallafarm.ie / , 3min walk from the Ballytoughey Loom.
* Sea Breeze B&B, Mary Moran +353 (0)98 26746
* Granuaile House B&B (also self-catering cottage) +353 (0)98 26250
* Go Explore Hostel +353 (0)98 26307 www.goexplorehostel.ie
* Cois Abhain B&B, Marie Agnes O'Malley +353 (0)98 26216
* Cloch na Scith B&B, Jane O'Malley +353 (0)86 3594175
* Rapaelle Self catering, Jane O'Malley +353 (0)87 6594992
Taxi and bike hire, Briget O'Leary +353 (0)98 25640
See the finding us page for location map of B&Bs and information on ferries